Inspired by SketchCassette’s NR Comp algorithm, ShapeShifter is a one-of-a-kind dynamics remodeler and character compressor that will completely transform the shape of your sounds. ShapeShifter molds a blend of multi-band upward and downward compression into a toolbox for adding color, body, and grit to your sounds. This can take the form of anything from a subtle vibe boost to blown-open, raucous carnage.
This plugin can operate in such a wide range of ways due to its melding of full-range upward and downward compression with finely tweakable controls. This means individual control over everything from the quietest to the loudest parts of your signal.
ShapeShifter includes the following features:
- Upward / Downward compression controlled with a common Ratio
- Transients section with Ratio and Threshold controls, allowing for separate control of downward compression
- Upward compression Floor control for taming room sound or unwanted noise
- Flexible envelope shaping through Attack and Release time controls
- Tone adjustment for broad shifts in color and character
- A wide-ranging Drive control with two models: A (gentle) and B (hard)
- Asymmetry control for attaining harsher, grittier drive textures by way of even-order harmonics
- Dry / Wet mixer for easy parallel processing
- Custom preset system with 64 factory presets, showcasing ShapeShifter’s versatility
Check it out here!